Boom Beach received a new update today. Appropriately titled “The Freezing Menace,” today’s update adds a number of new features including new icy weather effects on all islands in the Northern region of the map. Additionally, new defensive items and an undersea adventure have been added, among other things as well.
Below are the full patch notes for Boom Beach‘s The Freezing Menace Update.
– Hunt for treasure under the waves with a brand new Submarine!
– Find dive locations on your map, and send the Submarine to retrieve sunken treasure
– Find out more about dive locations and the Submarine HERE
Shock and Awe:
– Give attackers a jolt with Shock Launcher, a new high-level defensive building
– Enemy troops in the area of effect will be temporarily stunned. Stop rushing Warriors in their tracks!
For the War Effort:
– Your efforts to fight the Blackguard are now rewarded daily! More Victory Points give you a bigger reward
– Added a special victory reward for raiding the top 3 players on the global leaderboard
– An all-new daily report in the Enemy Activity pane shows the number of times your home base was scouted, attacked and raided by the enemy
– Victory reward of an enemy base is now visible as a map popup after the island has been scouted
– Player opponent’s Victory Points are now visible when scouting
– Mine damage is now displayed when scouting
– A mysterious cold spell has swept across the archipelago, and ice now covers all islands in the Northern region of the map
– Ice Power Stones only appear on frozen islands
– Island graphics improved and optimized
– Find out all about the new Ice Islands HERE!
– New Rocket Launcher graphics
– New graphics and visual tweaks for Boom Cannon and Cannon
– Machine Gun graphics and effect tweaks
– Rockets from rocket launcher and gunboat barrage now weave in-flight
The Envelope Button:
– Find out what it does HERE
– There were several loot changes made, find out what they were HERE
– Removed the frequency of PvP invasion decrease after 800 VPs
– Increased the time it takes before you can be attacked while online to 5 hours from 4 hours
– Attacking is disabled after 5 hours of total playtime within a 24 hour period (this is to stop an exploit where some players were attacking bases for the full 4 minutes, without deploying any troops, so they became un-attackable for an inflated amount of time)
– Tuned the Warrior: less damage and self-heal per hit, but more health. Also, increased cost and training time
– Reduced Medic healing speed and amount
– Shock Bomb price increased to 5 from 3