With the Sims FreePlay’s latest ‘Movie Studio’ Update comes two brand new movie star professions — Performer and Director. But first, you must work your way through the ranks, starting as a member of the Crew on the Movie Studio lot and performing grunt duties. As you perform tasks, you’ll build up your studio lot with things like a Costume Department and Stunt Set.
But first, similar to the recently added Police Officer profession, you’ll need to complete a quick tutorial. Thankfully, it doesn’t take long.
First, build your Movie Studio lot (2 hours).
Once you build the Movie Studio, send a sim to work there. After that, you’ll be given some basic tasks:
- Help a Sim at the Movie Studio (“With a working Sim selected, tap the bubble over the Sim’s head and help them.”)
- Help a Sim again at the Movie Studio
- Check the workplace overview (Tap the movie director icon in the top left corner)
- Check the workplace storage (Again, tap the movie director icon in the top left corner)
- Help a Sim at the Movie Studio
- Check the workplace quote (Tap the movie director icon in the top left corner)
- Fulfill ‘Special Requests’ (find the Sim with the pink “?” above their head. Completing these requests will reward you with a random resource)
- Trade Resources
- Upgrade a Workstation (Catering Area)
- Complete the remaining work day.
Once you complete the tutorial, you are free to begin the Movie Studio Profession. Continue performing tasks as a member of the Crew until you hit level 6, at which point you can choose to become a Director or Performer.