The Sims FreePlay is a free-to-play iOS (iPad and iPhone) and Android game from Monkey Iron and EA Mobile that’s based on the popular PC version of The Sims. Like the PC version, you build and personalize your own town and can control up to 64 Sims by choosing their jobs, pets, cars, and more. However, unlike the PC game, time in The Sims FreePlay is true to real life (1 hour in real life is really one hour in The Sims FreePlay).
While we posted some general tips and tricks a while back, below are specific cheats, codes, and strategies to get free LP and Simoleons in the game. As a reminder, refrain from downloading any third-party software that promises you free LP and Simoleons as it can result in your game messing up or possibly ruining your mobile device. Only stick to in-game strategies and cheats that don’t require third-party software.
(NOTE: Some of the cheats and strategies may be outdated. If they don’t work, let us know in the comments below and we’ll fix them. You may also add your own strategies and tips in the comments as well)
***UPDATE*** We’ve got a new MONEY CHEAT for The Sims FreePlay Carnival Update ***
Free Simoleons through Facebook
- Open The Sims Freeplay app and log in to Facebook.
- Go to your Sim’s house and click on the buy tab, where you may purchase things for your house.
- Click on the social tab. Here you will see a few things you can buy with the amount of neighbors you have. For example, I have 4 neighbors. The duck pond is the highest thing I can buy, yet I get swing sets because they cost more in Simoleons.
- Put down as many items as you want, anywhere you’d like.
- Return to The Sims Freeplay menu, pressing the green tab with the white dots on at the bottom.
- Log out of Facebook and go back to your Sim’s house.
- Sell the things you bought, but since you’re not signed into Facebook so you don’t have any neighbors, it comes back as Simoleons!
More Simoleons with the pre-teens tab
- Go to the kids store and select the preteens tab
- Buy the karate punch bag (it’s free)
- Go home and select the store tab
- Click on inventory (a backpack) and select the preteens tab and frag it inside the house and sell it (it’s worth 900 Simoleons)
- Repeat process as much as you’d like. You can also buy the record player and a swing and a sandbox at the kids store for free
Free Simpoleons on iPad 2 (will bring down town value)
- You need to have 2+ neighbors
- Buy the free stuff you get from having neighbors
- Go to the three white dots somewhere on the bottom of the screen
- Log out of your Facebook account
- Go back to the free stuff and sell all of it
- Log back in and do over and over
- Log into Facebook add 3 new friends
- Go onto videos click on a free trial
- Click the home button then log out of Facebook, go back in and cancel the deal
- Buy a dog then when it digs it digs up 3,000 lp
- Make sure there is only one house. Build a free house takes 5 minutes.
- Sell all of its items when its built. Including walls using built mode when it highlights to expend. Tap on it. It will say. ‘Move contants to inventory and delete utem,’ click yes then you will be rewarded with money.
- Go to town map and demolish the house.
- Repeat this process until you have 7,500 or more.
- This time you built Japaness house 7,500. Takes 5 minutes. In that house there is statue and outdoor water fountain. You can sell it for 5,000 each. Thats 10,000 just from those 2 items. Repeat again and again. Sell all and demolish the house. Then you buy mention at 10,000.
- Use some of money and renovate your house by using built mode. This will increase the town value. Keep in mind each time you sell things town value drops.
- Keep building 7,500 Japaness home. But keep those stature and water fountain at inventory. Sell and demolish the rest if building. This will reduce the lowing town value. But you have those 2 expensive items you can sell later.
Changing the date for free money
- Plant beans the highest amount of money
- Click out of Sims
- Open settings
- Turn wifi off
- Go to general
- Turn set automatically off
- Make sure 24 hour is off
- Change the date to a month before and a day before
10,000 Simoleons, fast growing, and instantly inspired sims (on iOS devices)
- Enter sims freeplay
- Have all your sims at one house
- Have them garden anything you desire( time limit does NOT matter)
- Click home button 1 time and go to your settings
- Double click home button and hold down sims freeplay app and delete it from multitasking bar(DOES NOT DELTE GAME)
- Enter general in settings and select date and time
- Turn off ” set automatically”
- Return to your sims game
- DO NOTHING AT ALL
- Wait until it loads and wait ten seconds after it loads
- Leave sims and enter settings
- Repeat step 5 in settings
- Turn on airplane mode
- Repeat step 6
- Turn the date 1 month ahead
- repeat step 1
- It will say it can’t connect, hit retry and QUICKLY double click the home button and hit settings
- Turn airplane mode off and re-enter sims
- (note: May not work the first time, try a few times)