When using Nintendo 3DS StreetPass in The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, you can set up a Shadow Link that appears in other players’ games to challenge them. These Shadow Links, if beaten, are worth a bounty of rupies. Using StreetPass Setup you can create the maximum Dark Link worth 999 rupees. And here’s how.
To get the 999 Rupee Shadow Link, you must equip them with the following items:
- Fully upgraded Master Sword, with 4 Master Ores
- The Red Tunic found in Lorule Castle
- All of the Heart Pieces and Heart Containers from all of the dungeons (except for Lorule Castle, which has no Heart Container)
- Upgraded Great Spin Attack, obtained by collecting all 100 Maiamais
- Two upgraded weapons equipped, such as the Nice Ice Rod and the Nice Fire Rod (for such upgrades, you must collect Maiamais and return them to Mother Maiamai)
Note: Equipping your Shadow Link with a Blue Potion or two will make your Shadow Link even harder to bring down.