As promised, Supercell released today the March 2016 Balance Update for new hit mobile game Clash Royale. Supercell previously highlighted the latest round of changes, but if you missed them the first time here they are again.
- X-Bow: Range decreased to 12 (from 13)
- Tesla: Hit speed decreased to 0.8sec (from 0.7sec), lifetime decreased to 40sec (from 60sec)
- Cannon: Lifetime decreased to 30sec (from 40sec)
- Princess: Hitpoints decreased by 10%
- Ice Wizard: Damage increased by 5%
- Prince: Charge speed decreased by 13%
- Dark Prince: Charge speed decreased by 13%
- Valkyrie: Hitpoints and damage increased by 10%
- Royal Giant: Damage increased by 20%
- Giant: Damage increased by 5%
- Rage: Gives 40% movement and attack speed boost (from 35%), duration decreased by 20%
- Poison: Damage increased by 5%
- Mirror: Legendary Cards mirrored 1 level lower
- Three Musketeers: Cost decreased to 9 (from 10)
- Archers: Quicker initial attack (like Spear Goblins)
- Balloon: Hitpoints increased by 5%
- Witch: Damage increased by 5%
Supercell’s logic behind most of these changes seems to be driven by Clash Royale’s core design principles: “offense over defense.” To that end, this batch of changes, are primarily designed to address a few “frustrating defensive combinations and some underused cards,” according to Supercell, who also notes that they’ll be “vigilantly tweaking and tuning cards” on a regular monthly basis to cater to that “offense over defense” principle.
“You can expect monthly balance changes to keep gameplay fine tuned and as fun as possible,” Supercell added.
You can read up on the logic behind each individual balance change here.