Fresh out of Blizzcon, Blizzard today released patch 9.4 for Hearthstone. Now live on PC, with mobile versions become available “in the coming hours,” the update readies us for the arrival of the Kobolds & Catacombs expansion, due to arrive in December.
Detailed over the weekend, the Kobolds & Catacombs expansion adds a new single-player experience called Dungeon Runs, a new keyword “Recruit“, 135 new cards, and Legendary weapon collectible cards for ALL nine classes.
Here’s how today’s update prepares us for that expansion:
- The Kobolds & Catacombs pre-purchase bundle is now available from the in-game Shop. This bundle includes 50 card packs at a special price and the For the Hoard card back.
- Grab your gear and get ready for adventure: Kobolds & Catacombs releases December 2017!
- The Legendary card Marin the Fox and the For the Hoard! card back are now available for use in-game.
- Added the following card back:
- For the Hoard! – Acquired from the Kobolds & Catacombs pre-purchase bundle
- Nemsy Necrofizzle now has a unique Hero tray.
- Nemsy Necrofizzle’s Hero Power button is now animated.
In addition to the Kobolds & Catacombs expansion content, the following Bug Fixes are also included in today’s patch:
- PC in-game Shop items will now use a three-character currency code instead of a currency symbol.
- The rope animation will now correctly appear even if a player was disconnected when it began.
- Mana-cost reductions to Crush now correctly apply after all other mana cost changes, such as the effects from cards like Naga Sea Witch.
- Fixed a crash issue that could occur when viewing the Friend List.
- Fixed a crash issue that could occur while holding a card during an Arena draft.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Arena draft to occasionally show no choices.
- Certain golden Hero Powers are now easier to interact with.
- Adjusted the volume of several Hallow’s End emotes to be more consistent with other emotes.
- Adjusted the positioning of several pop-ups so they are not blocked by the chat window.
- Adjusted the size and positioning of the chat window when the Friend List menu is open.
- Mana Geode, Mirage Caller, Binding Heal, and Ravasaur Runt are now centered correctly in deck lists.
- Fixed an issue where certain enchantment banner icons, such as Prince Keleseth’s Blessing, had incorrect art.
- Death Coil’s art is now correctly centered in its History tile.
- The “Open Packs” text is no longer cut off in some languages.
- Restored Quest text that was missing in some languages.
- Getaway Kodo will no longer sometimes cause The Skeleton Knight to return to its owner’s hand in an invisible state.
- [Mobile] Maiev’s hero portrait will no longer be misaligned on certain mobile devices.
- [Mobile] The Lich King’s dialogue is now more readable.