New to Pokémon Go are Gym Badges. Revealed as part of the game’s wider Gym rework update, Pokémon Go Gym Badges are something new to collect and level up as you battle and train your army of Pokémon. These badgets are designed to incentivise players to return to and improve specific Gyms, giving them rewards as well as highlighting their efforts over time.
How do Pokémon Go Gym Badges work?
Each Gym you interact with will reward you with a Gym Badge unique to that location. Simply spinning the photo disc will unlock the opening Basic badge.
To view your badges, go to your Trainer Profile, scroll down to Gym Badges, then List. You can also view them all by using the globe icon in the bottom left.
From there, Gym Badges come in Basic, Bronze, Silver and Gold varieties, each offering improved rewards when spinning the Photo Disc, and possibly during Raid encounters.
How to get Bronze, Silver, and Gold Gym Badges?
You are able to level up Gym Badges by performing certain activities and earning XP. These activities include:
- Adding Pokémon to the Gym (+ 100 Badge XP)
- Holding a creature at the Gym (+1 Badge XP per minute)
- Defeating a defending Pokémon (CP of Pokémon defeated divided by 100)
- Winning a Raid battle (+ 1000 Badge XP)
- Giving Berries to Pokémon held at the Gym (+ 10 Badge XP, as well as 20 Stardust and a possibility of Candy)
Performing these activities will help you level up your Badge over time and increase the rewards you receive.
XP Requirements for Bronze, Silver, and Gold Gym Badges
The tier requirements for Gym Badges are as follows: