It’s been almost two months since the last round of balance changes in Clash Royale, and that’s long enough for Supercell who today detailed the next round of card balancing changes.
Perhaps the changes that stand out the most are nerfs to three of the most popular Legnedary cards — Princess, Ice Wizard, and Miner. Though not incredibly drastic, surely the changes will spark some new strategies.
Check out the full list of changes, along with Supercell’s reasoning behind them below:
Royal Giant: Hit Speed decreased to 1.7sec (from 1.5sec)
- We like that the Royal Giant is a strong and relatively easy to use offensive option. However, he’s too strong right now – this change will allow him to stay relevant, but make him a bit easier to deal with. Additionally, his first attack will happen a bit slower.
Zap: Stun Duration decreased to 0.5sec (from 1sec)
- Zap is highly used at all levels of play and currently offers a bit too much versatility for 2 Elixir.
Princess: Area Damage radius decreased by 25%
- We’d like to make the Princess slightly less reliable at clearing up everything in the vicinity of her target.
Ice Wizard: Hit Points decreased by 5%
- Considering how much control he offers, the Ice Wizard is a bit too tanky for his 3 Elixir cost. He’ll still be very strong at the back, but doesn’t offer the same value in the middle of the action.
Miner: Deploy Time increased to 1sec (from 0.7sec), Hitpoints decreased by 6%
- We’re fixing an unintentional Deploy Time change, and in doing so making the Miner a bit easier to react to once again. Additionally, it’s become clear that the Miner is quite strong and could do with being toned down a notch.
Baby Dragon: Hit Speed increased to 1.6sec (from 1.8sec)
- A faster Hit Speed, including a quicker first attack, will make the Baby Dragon more reliable.
Dark Prince: Damage increased by 7.5%
- The Dark Prince’s stats aren’t quite on par with some other 4 Elixir options. A small damage buff should make him a more viable alternative in both defense and offense support.
Bowler: Elixir cost decreased to 5 (from 6), Hitpoints decreased by 7%, Damage decreased by 10%
- A lower Elixir cost should allow for some interesting Bowler synergies to become viable. We’re taking a bit of damage and hitpoints away from him to help compensate for this pretty big change.
Lumberjack: Speed increased to Very Fast (from Fast), Hit Speed increased to 0.7sec (from 1.1sec), Damage decreased by 23%
- We’d like to differentiate the Lumberjack from the Mini P.E.K.K.A a bit further, as both are 4 Elixir, high damage cards. This change should help them fill quite different roles in your deck.
The Log: Cast time decreased by 66%, travel speed increased by 20%
- The Log needs some love. This change will make it more consistent and reliable. (Note: We have some other tricks up our sleeves if this isn’t enough, but they are only possible to implement with a full update)
Golem: Hit and Death Damage increased by 5%, Hitpoints increased by 1%
Golemite: Hit and Death Damage increased by 8%, Hitpoints increased by 3.2%
- At 8 Elixir the Golem needs a lot of power to feel viable – these changes will hopefully get it there!
P.E.K.K.A: Damage increased by 5%
- P.E.K.K.A has quite low use rates across the board and could do with some more muscle! We’re also making her first attack happen a bit quicker.
Tombstone: Spawn Speed increased to 2.5sec (from 2.9sec)
- We’re looking to give the Tombstone more utility in both offense and defense.
Archers: Damage increased by 2%
- This tiny damage increase is just to fix an inconsistency with the Archers vs. Goblins interaction at certain levels.
Prince: Damage increased by 2%
- This tiny damage increase is just to fix an inconsistency with the Prince vs. Barbarians interaction at certain levels.