Just two weeks since the last update, Supercell already has the list of balance changes heading to Clash Royale. Although the changes won’t go live until Monday, July 4th, you can check out what’s being adjusted and plan ahead.
“The way we approach card balance in Clash Royale is a combination of playtesting and looking at the stats – in particular, card use rates and win rates. You can expect monthly balance changes to keep gameplay fine tuned and as fun as possible.”
With that said, this next round of balance changes will adjust some of the lesser used cards while giving the Goblin Barrel another boost.
Skeleton Army: Skeleton count increased to 21 (from 20)
- The missing 4th Skeleton joined the army.
Goblin Barrel: Elixir cost decreased to 3 (from 4), Goblin deploy time increased to 1.2sec (from 1sec), removed impact damage
- The previous change didn’t hit the mark, so we’re trying something a bit wilder! 3 Elixir puts the Goblin Barrel on par with the Miner for surprise attacks and value, while still remaining counterable by Arrows, Zap or Fire Spirits.
Giant Skeleton: Damage increased by 20% (doesn’t affect Death Damage)
- Getting to the enemy’s tower is quite challenging for the Giant Skeleton – as it should be – but at least with this change he’ll be one-shotting Goblins on the way.
Dark Prince: Damage increased by 8%
- Until the last round of changes, the Dark Prince dealt half as much damage as the Prince. This change brings his value back in line with his golden brother.
Bomber: Damage increased by 9%
- Despite a few boosts already, the Bomber hasn’t seen a big uptake in usage at the top. Extra damage will make him even more deadly and hopefully a compelling choice again.
Wizard: Attack speed increased to 1.6sec (from 1.7sec)
- A faster attack speed should increase the Wizard’s value when compared to his more attractive cousin, the Ice Wizard.
Inferno Tower: Hitpoints increased by 6%
- In the next update, Zap and Freeze will both reset the Inferno Tower’s damage. We’re giving the Inferno Tower some more hitpoints to compensate for this, and for its low use rates.
Elixir Collector: Now affected by slowing and speed up effects (Poison, Freeze, Zap, Rage, Ice Wizard)
- The Elixir Collector has very high use rates. It hasn’t been affected by slowing or speed up effects (until now: 7/4), so this change will tone it down a little bit and also bring consistency with the Inferno Tower change above.
Tombstone: Hitpoints increased by 9%
- The Tombstone has tough competition as a 3 Elixir defensive option, resulting in low use rates. Extra hitpoints should make it more appealing and an interesting alternative to the Cannon.
Bomb Tower: Hitpoints increased by 6%
- The Bomb Tower is seen extremely rarely at the top, but has a pretty good showing in the early to mid levels. A small hitpoint increase should make it more relevant and interesting in the high Arenas, without overpowering it in the low Arenas.