As promised, Supercell delivered their promise of revealing the details of the December 2016 balance update.
“In this gameplay update, we’re bolstering and distinguishing Town Hall 11 attacks. At the same time, we’re putting some snap into our more sluggish units on all Town Hall levels,” Supercell said of the update. So without further ado, here’s what’s changing:
New Town Hall 11 Attack Levels:
- Barbarian King levels 41-45
- Archer Queen levels 41-45
- Clan Castle level 7
- Golem level 6
- Hog Rider level 7
- Poison Spell level 5
These key additions to TH11 help sharpen the line between TH11 and TH10 gameplay, providing some needed attacking resilience.
Clan Castle level 7 is an especially critical attack boost, allowing donation of larger Spells like Rage and Freeze!
Poison Spell radius slightly increased
- Poison’s small range makes it harder to use than it needs to be. An increased range demands less pixel-perfect precision.
Witch damage and hitpoints increased
- Witch still isn’t quite where we want her to be. This cautiously optimistic boost focuses more on her direct damage.
Balloons attack after reaching their target slightly sooner
Dragon attack speed increased (DPS is unchanged)
P.E.K.K.A attack speed increased (DPS is unchanged)
- Fast-attacking units like Valkyrie and Bowler have left these power-hitters feeling rigid and slow. Faster attacking gives them a proper chance to flex their muscles.
NEW: Wizard Tower level 10 (TH 11)
- Wizard Tower level 9 available at Town Hall 10 (was 11)
- Late-game Wizard Towers fall a bit behind other, better established defenses. This level boost especially affects tower hitpoints.
Wall level 12 (TH11: max 50 pieces)
- As we slowly phase in TH11-level walls, improving Wall utility is an area we have our eye on for future balancing updates.
Upgrade Discounts (time and/or cost):
- Barbarian King levels 31-40
- Archer Queen levels 26-40
- Wall levels 10-11
- Wizard Tower levels 3-9
- Clan Castle levels 5-6
- Hog Rider (all levels)
- Golem (all levels)
- New 15m and 30m options for Friendly War challenges
- Clan Mail cooldown reduced from 12h to 1h
- Better organized Builder Suggestions
Last but not least, be sure to check out the new Events button/tab. We’re immensely excited to start featuring in-game special events on a regular basis!