After years of asking and days of teasing, Clash of Clans much-awaited Clan Wars update has arrived bringing with it not only clan versus clan combat, but a slew of changes as well. Among the additions are a Clan Castle level 6 and the return of Gem Boxes which were originally supposed to be implemented in an update back in January. Either way, Gem Boxes are here now and they reward you with even more gems than the original ones.
Below are the full patch notes for today’s update, courtesy of Supercell:
UPDATE: CLAN WARS (VERSION 6.56.1)
- Fight clan versus clan in strategic showdowns full of bonus loot!
- Fill your clan’s War Log with the details of each epic fight!
- Participate in clan wars at no risk to your resources, shield or trophies.
- Battle for two new achievements: War Hero and Spoils of War!
Clan Castle renovation
- Rally huge clan support with Clan Castle level 6!
- Clan Castles now protect war loot payouts and are lootable in battle!
- Higher level Clan Castles hold more loot. Collect it whenever you like!
- Surprise! Only clan members can see what troops are hiding in the Clan Castle.
Gem overgrowth is BACK
- The Gem Box is back so keep an eye out for these mysterious boxes packed with gems!
- All Gem Boxes will now give more gems than the original ones. We’re sorry for the long wait!
Interface and Player Support improvements
- If you’re not in a League, your attacks won / defenses won statistics will not be shown.
- Confirmation button added to Global chat reporting. Report responsibly, Chief!
- New Help Center is now available! The first version is in English and you can find it under Settings -> Help and Support -> More Help.
- Decreased the cost of the Clan Castle level 5 upgrade
- Slightly increased HP of level 8 Laboratory
Meanwhile, GameZone has put together quite a comprehensive overview of Clan Wars, explaining how the whole two-day war process goes.