Candy Crush Saga is a puzzle game developed by King.com. It’s available for iOS and Android devices, as well as PC via Facebook. The goal is to “crush candy” by creating matches of at least three similar color candies. Combining more than three of the same color candies will result in special sweets such as striped candy, wrapped candy, and rainbow candy. Combining these specials create spectacular effects such as Super Stripe Mega-Candy.
Candy Crush Saga is completely free to play, but some in-game items like extra moves or lives will require payment. If you connect with Facebook, your friends will be able to send you benefits.
Because levels in Candy Crush Saga randomly generate the patterns of candy, there are technically no “cheats” per se. However, the developers at King.com have provided an official list of tips and strategies that could help you along the way.
First off, here are the instructions:
- Create rows or columns with three candies of the same colour to remove them.
- Make special combinations with 4 or 5 candies to create special sweets.
- Combine the special sweets to create spectacular effects that will crush even more candy!
Official Candy Crush Saga Tips from King.com
- Matching five candies in a row create a Color Bomb. Combining a Color Bomb with any a candy of any color will clear all the candies of that color.
- Sugar Crush: At the end of a level, if you still have Moves remaining or if there are any Special Candies remaining then there is a sequence where you get bonus score since you performed so well.
- In Candy Land, players have five lives to start with. When failing a level, a player loses a life, but the life is replenished (for free) after 30 minutes.
- Sometimes you need to reconnect to Facebook again to get your Facebook messages. You can do this in the main menu by tapping the Connect icon.
- You can play the full game without ever connecting to Facebook. You can even play Candy Crush Saga without an internet connection.
- Charms are permanent. This means that once you buy a charm it is yours to keep forever. This also means that the may cost slightly more than other items in the game that you consume and buy over and over again.
- Some Charms, like the Charm of Frozen Time, can be toggled on and off from the screen that appears when tapping a button on the map, right next to the Boosters. Other Charms, like the Charm of Stripes, is used inside the level during gameplay, and is accessed by tapping the corresponding button in the top left corner of the screen. The Charm of Life is always active.
- Boosters come with a number of charges. Once you use the Booster, one charge is consumed. Boosters are much cheaper than most Charms and can be quite helpful if you find yourself in a pickle or if you are stuck on a particularly tricky level.