Revolution Software’s celebrated graphic adventure Broken Sword II – The Smoking Mirror: Remastered is now available on Google Play – just two weeks before the end of the world predicted by the Mayan prophecy that features extensively in the game’s plot.
Set six months after the events of Broken Sword: The Director’s Cut, Broken Sword II reunites George Stobbart and journalist Nicole Collard in an epic adventure spanning the globe. When Nico takes possession of a mysterious stone relic, she can’t suspect they will quickly become embroiled in the terrifying machinations of a deadly drug baron who is intent on releasing divine forces that will annihilate mankind at the end of the final Mayan epoch – on December 21st 2012.
“When the original game was released in 1997, December 21st 2012 seemed a long, long time away,” said Charles Cecil managing director, Revolution Software. “I’m delighted that Android owners are now able to play the game but I would urge them to hurry.”
Broken Sword II is a stunning update to the million-selling original. Along with an exclusive new interactive digital comic, from Watchmenco-creator Dave Gibbons, the game boasts fully animated facial expressions, enhanced graphics throughout, a diary, and high quality music as well as a context-sensitive hint system.
“I am very proud of the reception to Broken Sword: Director’s Cut on Android, with the game maintaining a 5 star user review score on the Google Play Store” adds Charles, “But let’s hope the prophecy doesn’t turn out to be true – we’ve Broken Sword – the Serpent’s Curse to finish, and playing Broken Sword II – The Smoking Mirror: Remastered will offer a perfect refresher ahead of the series’ return to 2D.”
Enhancements to Broken Sword II – The Smoking Mirror: Remastered include:
- Emotive animated facial expressions
- Context-sensitive hint system and diary
- Improved background and animation graphics
- Cut scene movies greatly enhanced both graphically and in terms of audio
- High quality music as originally composed by Barrington Pheloung
- Bonus interactive digital comic drawn by Dave Gibbons
- Full English speech with option for subtitles in English, French, German, Spanish, or Italian (Additional speech files can be added to any version for mix and match language support)
Broken Sword II – The Smoking Mirror: Remastered is now available for Android phones and tablets in the Google Play store, priced at US$ 3.99.