A new update for Clash Royale is rolling out (or has already rolled out depending on when you’re reading this). Among the new features are a series of balance changes, affecting the Ice Spirit, Ice Golem, Lumberjack, Rage Spell, and Inferno Tower. Check out the changes below, as well as Supercell’s logic behind them.
Ice Spirit: Freeze duration decreased to 1.5sec (from 2sec)
– Currently highly used at the top, Ice Spirit offers a bit too much stopping power for 1 Elixir.
Ice Golem: Death Damage increased by 74%
– This change ensures that Ice Golem’s Death Damage kills Skeletons (at the Tournament Rules card levels).
Rage: Effect increased to 35% (from 30%)
– Rage can be a really fun and impactful spell when it makes an appearance in the Arena, but currently it isn’t seeing much usage. Increasing the effect should make it a more compelling choice.
Lumberjack: Rage effect increased to 35% (from 30%)
– For consistency with the Rage spell changes above.
Inferno Tower: Hitpoints decreased by 6%
– Inferno Tower is currently one of the top defensive choices and as a result the “big guys” (Golem, etc.) become less appealing to use. Additionally, it can sometimes be hard to efficiently remove from the Arena, so we’re aiming to remedy both of these things with a small Hitpoint reduction.
You can read up on the full update here.