Clash of Clans spooky Halloween update has been released, bringing with it all sorts of tricks and treats for players. Developer Supercell Games has spent much of the past week providing us with sneak peeks at all of the new features, but today they detailed the full patch notes for the Halloween update.
New permanent trap: The Skeleton Trap!
- Ambush and distract your enemies with a small group of Skeleton troops! They might be short-lived, but will certainly get some attention.
- Skeleton Traps can be set to target either ground troops or air troops. Find the right mix of trap modes for your village!
- Skeleton Traps become available at Town Hall 8 and can be upgraded to deploy more skeletons at once.
Limited-time treats lasting through Halloween weekend
- 1-gem Spell Factory boost special is back!
- Harvest some bonus Elixir from special Halloween Headstone obstacles
Clan profile and search improvements
- Specify your Clan’s war frequency in your Clan profile, anything from always to never
- Specify your Clan’s location, or declare it as International
- Search other Clans by war frequency, location, member count and minimum clan points, even without specifying a search name
- Know what Clan you’re searching for? Search via hashtag to get the exact result you need.
- Clan descriptions can now be much longer!
Increased League bonus and more War loot
- Get at least 20% more Gold, Elixir and Dark Elixir from Clan Wars, win or lose!
- Keep more of your war loot even if your Clan doesn’t win the Clan War
- Store more war loot in your Clan Castle
- Get a bigger League bonus from winning multiplayer battles in all Leagues
- Boost all buildings of the same type with one button
- Barracks, Spell Factory and Hero boosts will now be automatically paused during maintenance and can be resumed later for free
- Slightly reduced boost cost for Elixir Pump level 11, Gold Mine level 11 and Dark Elixir Drill levels 5 & 6
Other Interface Improvements
- New Mortar at Town Hall 8
- Player profile now shows the highest unlocked level of a player’s troops, heroes and spells!
- The Hero icons will now show Hero ability status also in replays
- Army camp contents are now visible to visitors in the Army Camp info screen
- Time to remove obstacles is now lower